We want you to have a very enjoyable holiday so we have taken great care to provide a beautifully presented and excellent standard of accommodation. Our booking conditions are to protect the trust that we, the Owners, have placed in you, our Guests. If you have any worries or concerns regarding the contents of these terms and conditions please do not hesitate to contact us.
We the Owners hereby agree to let the property to you on the following terms and conditions:
- BOOKING AND PAYMENT Weekly bookings are from Friday to Friday, short breaks are from Friday to Monday and Monday to Friday. Availability and pricing can be checked and agreed by e-mail or phone. A Booking Form will be sent to you for completion and return and a deposit of 30% will be required to secure your booking. Final balance payment will be due no later than six weeks prior to your stay. If your booking is less than six weeks from the date of reservation, full payment must be made immediately. Details of how to make payment are on our Booking Form. If we do not receive all amounts due in full and on time, we have the right to treat your booking as cancelled by you. In this case, all monies paid and/or due at that time will be retained by us. We may however refund such monies if an alternative letting is achieved for the property, taking into account any losses incurred. You will be notified in writing for any further costs incurred in these terms and conditions. The Owners of Owlets at Mulberry Barn reserve the right to pursue you for such amounts.
- PRICES Rental prices may increase/decrease at any time but not after your booking has been confirmed. Prices may differ from those advertised or on our website for periods such as Christmas and some public holidays, where an extra charge is levied. Prices include heating, electricity and water, the use of the property and contents. Heating thermostats are set at appropriate temperatures for the time of year. If you alter these and an excessive amount of fuel/electricity is used, we reserve the right to charge you an appropriate amount.
- CANCELLATION By the Owner. Should the owners of Owlets at Mulberry Barn have to make a significant change to or cancel your holiday for any reason, you will receive a full refund of all the monies paid and the opportunity to rebook other dates at a reduced rate. By the Tenant. If you cancel your booking within six weeks of your holiday a cancellation charge of 100% (if more than six weeks 30%) of the total rental cost will be payable by you. However, if we manage to re-let the Property for the same period you have booked, we will refund all monies you have paid except that the Owner shall be entitled to retain from the monies you have paid (or pursue you for if you have not yet paid) the difference between the amount received from the new Tenant (if less than that paid or payable by you) and the amount payable by you for the original booking.
- ARRIVAL / DEPARTURE TIMES Arrival at the Property is from 4.00 pm onwards. Please contact us 48 hours prior to your stay to make key collection arrangements. Departure time is 10.00 am, please leave the keys in the key safe provided.
- CLEANING / REFUSE You must leave the property in the same state of cleanliness as you found it on arrival. If you fail to do so, we will charge you for any necessary additional cleaning at the rate of £15.00 per hour. We ask that you keep general waste separate from recyclable waste. All non recyclable rubbish must be placed in the blue bin and recyclable rubbish in the green bin.
- LINEN All bed linen and bath towels are provided. Please bring your own beach towels with you and do not take any towels provided out of the house. Any stains on towels or linen not removable by normal laundering will result in replacement towels or linen being bought which you will be charged for.
- DAMAGE Other than minor breakages i.e. the odd glass or piece of crockery, all breakages, losses or damage and other extra costs will be charged for. Any damage or malfunction of any aspect of the accommodation should be notified to us ASAP to enable rectification to be carried out. The Owners do not accept any liability for loss or damage to Tenants’ property or belongings including cars and contents.
- RIGHT OF ENTRY The Owners or representative of Owlets at Mulberry Barn reserves the right to enter the property at reasonable times to inspect the property and carry out both emergency repairs and normal maintenance including gardening etc.
- SAFETY / BEHAVIOUR Your safety whilst staying in our property is important to us. Whilst we the Owners have taken every care to provide a safe environment, no liability is accepted for injury to persons staying in our Property save where this can be shown to be as a result of the negligence of the Owners. Guests are expected to behave in a circumspect manner at all times with regard to their and others safety and to abide by any house rules especially concerning rowdy behaviour and excessive noise. If any aspect of safety causes concern to you or any member of your party, please contact Owlets at Mulberry Barn Owners as soon as you read these terms and conditions and before you return the Booking Form. We can then discuss more fully the specific area of concern. It is the responsibility of the person completing the Booking Form to ultimately decide whether the Property is suitable. The Owners reserve the right to take any appropriate action, including immediate termination of the Tenancy (when no refunds will be made and the Owners will have no further liability to you) if the property, contents or its grounds are abused or misused or if the number of persons staying at the property exceed the number stated on your Booking Form. The maximum number of guests permitted to stay at the property is six, a maximum of two dogs are permitted with prior permission from the Owners. Dogs must be properly controlled and supervised at all times. Dogs are not to be left unattended in the Property and are not allowed upstairs in any of the bedrooms or on any of the furniture. Prior permission from the Owners of Owlets at Mulberry Barn must be obtained regarding parties or gatherings including guests who are not booked to stay at the property. Damage to the property as a result of the fault or abuse (wilful, negligent or otherwise) the Tenant will be fully charge including the consequential loss re: future lettings. You will use the Property for personal and domestic holiday and not any commercial purposes.
- COMPLAINTS Owlets at Mulberry Barn and all its services are regularly maintained. In the unlikely event of anything going wrong the Owners cannot be held responsible. However should anything go wrong and we are duly notified every effort will be made to correct the problem. If you have any complaints concerning the Property or service, please inform the Owners immediately or a maximum within 24 hours to allow the complaint to be investigated and rectified at the earliest opportunity. Regrettably, no liability can be accepted if we are not notified. Whilst we make every effort to ensure that your stay is to your utmost satisfaction, we cannot accept responsibility for noise or nuisance caused by neighbouring properties including unsociable occupants or building works where this is out of the direct control of the Owners, however we will make every effort to mitigate these where we can.
- FORCE MAJEURE Except where otherwise expressly stated in these booking conditions, the Owners can accept no liability where the performance or prompt performance of the Owners contractual obligations is prevented or affected by, or you otherwise suffer any damage or loss as a result of “Force Majeure”. In these Booking Conditions “Force Majeure” means any event which the Owners could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events may include war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, actual or threatened terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, flooding, fire and all similar events outside our control.